There are so many great wedding venues available in the Florida Keys. This week I would like to spotlight a couple of our favorite venues in the Upper Keys. There are a lot of things to consider when choosing an appropriate venue for your wedding. Before we get to our Spotlight Local Wedding Venues here are some things to consider when choosing a venue: 1. Your Wedding Style: Do you dream in tuxedos and ballgowns? Then choose a venue that will reflect this style it will save you money in the long run since you won't have to spend as much in transforming the space to suit you needs.
2. Size appropriate for you anticipated guest list: Expecting 300 people? Then be sure to check with your venue on their maximum capacity.
3. Ease of accessibility: When having a destination wedding you will want to take into consideration the proximity and availability of accommodations and goods and services for your guests.
One of our favorite locations here in the upper keys is Ocean Pointe Suites. It has 60 acres of property tucked away on the Oceanside in Tavernier. It is in close proximity to shopping and restaurants and boasts 170 spacious suites. This means that in most cases all of your guests will be able to stay on property. The pool will be one big family reunion! There is also a bar and restaurant on-site and boat dockage available.
The property also has a beautiful sandy beach perfect for a ceremony or even for the reception itself. There is also a covered space near the beach where many of the receptions are catered following a beach ceremony. The property has an affordable site fee and you get a lot for your money.
1. Covered space: A commodity down here for a beach wedding. Short of springing for a tent you won't find this anywhere else.
2. Fans: This space has built in ceiling fans, so clutch on a hot day down here.
3. Lighting: Lighting is also built into this space so another way to save.
4. Tables & Chairs: Depending on how many guests you have they can accommodate dinner seating for up to 40 people.
5. They take care of the bar: For a reasonable price your full bar service is covered. No guessing if you will run out of booze or hauling it all with you.
With all of these great points for this local venue, there is still more. It has an absolutely lovely view and the staff is friendly, accommodating and a pleasure to work with.
Here are some images from recent events at Ocean Pointe Suites.
For more information about Ocean Pointe Suites contact us at Caribbean Catering 305.664.0004 or Adrian at Ocean Pointe 305 440 2365.